About Me

My photo
I'm project manager of a software development team at www.researchspace.com. I've been developing bioinformatics software for the last 9 years or so, and I'm hoping to share some of the experience and knowledge I've gained with Eclipse RCP, Java web app development and software development in general on these blogs.

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to this new blog about GEF !

In this series of blogs I hope to publish some ideas on how to use the Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework, GEF, based on my own experience over the last 2 years developing a graphical editor for systems biology (EPE, www.bioinformatics.ed.ac.uk/epe). We started off using the 'Logic' and 'Shapes' examples quite extensively as we learned the system but have found a lot more useful functionality in GEF than is made readily available.

In particular I hope to cover in a series of blogs :
  1. Selection actions
  2. Connection decorators
  3. Customizing connections
  4. Grouping of shapes
  5. Image export from GEF
  6. Z-ordering

No comments: